The Netherlands Focal Point (NL-FOP) represents the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA) in the Netherlands. NL-FOP actively contributes to further development of occupational safety and health in the Netherlands and in Europe by importing and exporting knowledge, instruments and best practices.
The specific tasks of the Netherlands Focal Point are:
- Disseminating information. On the one hand making European information accessible in the Netherlands and on the other hand making Dutch information accessible to other Member States.
- Organising and promoting the biennial European campaign ‘a healthy workplace’ in the Netherlands.
- Managing the National Focal Point network consisting of the social partners and various knowledge institutes and organisations.
- Providing Dutch input to the development of the EU-OSHA products.
Coordination and implementation has been placed by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment with TNO, in close consultation with the employers, employees and the government in the tripartite working group European Context:
- On behalf of the employees: Rik van Steenbergen, FNV
- On behalf of the employers: Mario van Mierlo, VNO-NCW/MKB-Nederland
- On behalf of the government: André Marcet Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment
- Manager NL-FOP: Jos de Lange, TNO